Welcome to Basset Fauve de Bretagne Club of America!
We welcome everyone who loves Fauves whether you are an owner or not.
We invite you to join our club.
An Important Message from our Fundraising Chairperson
To All Fauve Lovers,
The Basset Fauve de Bretagne Club of America will be offering auctions and raffles to help offset the cost of the shows we must put on to continue our quest to be AKC accepted. We will hold these auctions at the National Specialty Show in St Louis on 9/15–18 as well as online. The club is looking for donations to help with this cause. The money acquired will also be used for rescue and other club needs.
Here are the ways you can donate to the club:
- Click on the “Donate” button at the bottom of every page on our website
- Amazon registry (click here or go to Amazon.com, under “Your Lists” from the main menu, click on “Find a List or Registry.” Type out the club’s full name and you will find our name listed.)
- Gift cards from Etsy (cards should be sent to Claire Stretch at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Any other gifts, cash, or gift cards should be sent to Claire at the address below:
2025 Wolf Creek Road
Goreville, Illinois 62939
The club really appreciates everyone’s support in this endeavor. Any questions can be addressed to me at email@example.com.
Alyse Kanter, MD
Treasurer, Basset Fauve de Bretagne Club of America
About the BFDBCA
The Basset Fauve de Bretagne Club of America (BFDBCA) was established in 2013 to be the official American Kennel Club (AKC) national breed club in the United States. The mission of the club is to:
- Promote quality in the breeding of Basset Fauve de Bretagnes and to strive toward promoting perfection in the breed.
- Encourage members and breeders to accept the Breed Standard as approved by FCI and AKC as the standard of excellence by which all Basset Fauve de Bretagnes must be judged.
- Strive to protect and promote the interests of the breed and to encourage good sportsmanship behavior at all dog competitions, tests, and trials under the rules and regulations of the AKC and BFDBCA.
- To conduct sanctioned shows, educational seminars and other events under the rules and regulations of the AKC and BFDBCA.
- Promote and encourage membership to follow the guidelines set forth in the BFDBCA Code of Ethics.
- To be available to rescue and re-home any Basset Fauve de Bretagne in need.
For details about how to join our club, please visit our Membership page.